Perfect way to explore the Monsal Trail. Only £37 for 2 adults and a tag-along for whole day, Inc helmets and bike lock. Staff couldn’t be more helpful and get the bike set up and ready for you. Bikes are good. Sturdy, 24 gear, everything works perfectly. I prefer it to the one at Hassop which can get a bit hectic.
Things you should know:
1) It’s a 10 min walk from the car park to the bike hire, but it’s through a beautiful gorge and we saw Dipper birds playing in the water on the way back. Car park is £4.75 all day and is card only.
2) There are no toilets there, but Miller’s Dale station is only 5 mins down the trail and has cafe and toilets.
3) The hardest bit is pushing your bike up the steep slope before you start. The rest is fine. I stayed on the 2nd big cog for most of time and that was fine
4) They have a new map which shows you where the nearest pubs are. This is vital.
5) We went straight through to the end of the trail first off and it took about 70 mins, though there’s a bit more uphill on the way back.